MUSIC//FEMME//FASHION//GRRRLS

Monday 18 January 2010

Northern State



To celebrate this week's theme on radio, Chick Rap - Round II, I thought I'd bring you one of my favourite grrrl fronted rap trios. They hail from NYC and have been at it since early 2002.

I first heard about them in my early teeny bopper days, when I used to stalk Le Tigre and crowdsurf at Bloodhound Gang gigs (real story) I found their first album Dying In Stereo in HMV and bought it without even listening to it? Weird. Turns out it was amazing. However after listening to it on my ghetto blaster a thousand times it got scratched and stopped working. Luckily someone in my class shared my NS love and burned me a copy.

Whatchathink?

Northern State - Man's Dollar
Northern State - Better Already (JD Sampson's Ecstatic Remix)

Also thanks to Daniel Stern of Les Garcons De Glasgow for the photo(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment